We value your privacy and want to be transparent about the data we collect, how we use it and your rights to control that information, which is why we've made some updates to our Privacy Center.
We've collected this information to reflect the high standards established by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a set of laws passed in the European Union. We are implementing these updates globally because we believe all Biostrap owners should have the right to these same protections.
What has Biostrap done to be GDPR compliant?
Biostrap has been preparing for the GDPR in the following ways:
- We developed and published our internal Biostrap Data Protection Goals and shared with our management team to begin delivering GDPR-focused training to key teams and personnel, so that they are aware of the law’s requirements and can design our products and business plans with privacy in mind.
- We have appointed an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee our data protection program and GDPR implementation plan.
- We are implementing a Data Protection Impact Assessment process.
- We are coordinating Data Processing Addendums from our vendors to ensure compliance.
- We started to review our contractual arrangements with our vendors to ensure they are required to protect personal data through robust technical and organizational measures.
- We are implementing detailed procedures to manage data subject access requests, deletion requests, and government access requests.
Summary of Changes
- More control. We have enhanced the settings we provide for you to control your data. With these improvements, it is easier for you to: edit or delete the personal data you have provided to us, like your profile data; control how your personal stats and other information are visible to other Biostrap users; ask for a download of your information, including data about your activities and sleep; control the notifications you receive from us; and manage the third-party apps you have authorized to access your account.
- Our European operations. We have updated our Terms of Service to reflect our global business. If you live in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, Biostrap USA, LLC., a US-based company, currently manages your data and will provide you with services and control of your personal data. This update does not affect the services we provide you. We are in the process of launching our European office and appointing our EU Representative who will service your account once they are up and running. If you live outside of the EU countries mentioned above, you will continue to be serviced by Biostrap USA, LLC.
We keep records of our privacy policies and associated documents. You can find previous versions of these documents here.